We are delighted to promote Dr Brian Hemming’s Applied Sport Psychology Workshop.
A Masterclass in Applied Sport Psychology
‘Being creative in your practice: Using storytelling with athletes’
You should attend if you….
- Are a qualified psychologist and want to advance your expertise in sport
- Are undergoing supervised training and wish to move beyond ‘mental skills’ work
- Are a postgraduate student and want to further your applied knowledge
- Are a practitioner working with athletes to develop their psychological approach
- Feel the current provision of workshops in sport psychology do not meet your needs
- Want to gain insights/techniques to increase your impact with athletes
- Want to take part in a unique opportunity to develop your practitioner skills
- Wish to learn more about sport psychology in a relaxed environment
What you will gain from the Masterclass….
- A CPD day with a difference!
- A new way for working on psychological processes with athletes
- Ways to develop vital professional relationship skills through innovative delivery
- Better engagement of your athletes through storytelling
- A refreshing approach to delivery of psychological concepts in sport
- Seven hours of knowledge and application from a highly qualified and experienced psychologist working in elite sport in the UK for the past 20 years
- A certificate of attendance (BPS Learning Centre Approved)
Content of the Workshop
Throughout the history of humankind stories have been used to communicate knowledge and experience between people in a variety of contexts. Storytelling has also been used as a technique to bring about cognitive and behavioural change, and to facilitate problem-solving in the therapeutic, business, education and personal development settings.
The purpose of this workshop will be to introduce participants to the concept of storytelling within applied sport psychology practice. Stories are seen to contain therapeutic metaphors if an athlete can relate to the content of story and draw a parallel to their own sport, situation, or current challenge.
The workshop will explain the use and benefits of storytelling and introduce guidelines for successful application of stories within consulting practice. A variety of stories will be presented as examples from previous typical consulting experience. Individuals attending the workshop will be invited to deconstruct the stories’ possible metaphors, as well as having an opportunity to create and share a story of their own within a small group setting. Attendees will also be given suggestions on ways of building their own bank of stories for applied practice.
Masterclass; Due to the workshop format places are limited to 15 people. You are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
Masterclass Date: Wednesday 15th July 2015; 9.30 – 4.30 pm.
Central Location: Holiday Inn at M1 Junction 18, Rugby/Northampton. NN6 7XR. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/hotel/RUGNH
Fee: £139.00 with no VAT to pay. Fee includes lunch and refreshments.
A reduced fee of £95.00 is available for BPS Stage 2 Trainees, BASES SE Candidates & Postgraduate students.
**Early Booking Fee**: £125.00. The full amount must be paid by 31st May 2015.
Fee includes lunch and refreshments.
Call now to discuss your Masterclass place on 07908 677660 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Brian Hemmings
Brian was the lead psychologist to England Golf for over 15 years (1997-2013) delivering performance strategies with European and World Championship winning teams and individuals at men’s, youth and junior level. During this time he helped develop the mental skills of the best young emerging English golfers, some of whom he still works with in professional European Tour golf. He also runs the online Golf Psychology Coaching Certificate www.golfpsychologycoaching.com, an approved education programme of the PGA of GB& I and PGAs of Europe, that has been taken by over 400 coaches worldwide.
Brian also has a wealth of experience in many other sports, having worked with international players and championship winning teams in professional cricket (1997 to present), 12 medallists in Olympic and Commonwealth Games boxing (1993-2000), and podium winners in a range of single seat categories in motor racing including Formula 1 (1993 to present). In over twenty years of active consultancy he has worked with many international performers in a variety of sports. Whilst golf consultancy takes up most of his time, Brian is still actively working in professional cricket and motorsport.
Brian has also published three books, numerous peer-review papers, and presented internationally on frequent occasions. He has also organised and hosted many conferences and training/ supervision workshops for psychologists. His masterclasses have run since 2010.
Buy and download up to 400 infographics!Buy infographics
Created in 2013, BelievePerform has rapidly grown to become one of the largest Sport Psychology sites in the world. We are proud to boast over 150 writers for our site including a number of elite athletes.